The Prettiest Pizza at Coalfire

Warning: Do not read this post if you are hungry! Well, even if you're not hungry, you're about to be! Tuesday night fulfilled my much anticipated visit to Coalfire in Lakeview, right along Southport. Ever since we set a date to go - yes, we plan where we're going for dinner weeks in advance - I have been seeing pictures of Coalfire pizzas from other food instagrams and craving it, although I've never tasted it. 


The restaurant did have a special where you could get a pizza and a bottle of wine for $30, but we decided to forgo the deal and just order two pizzas for the three of us - Lindsey, Meghan and I. We immediately decided on the White Pizza and also went with the Lasagna pizza. And having the sweet, understanding friends that we do, Meghan suggested we order the Lasagna pizza with only half with sausage.


The server brought out the White Pizza first. I don't think I've ever describe pizza as pretty but this pizza was almost too pretty to eat! Just kidding, we ate it all. It was as delicious as it looked!


I would absolutely recommend this one. The crust is very thin and slightly charred but holds up to the weight of the toppings including the light and airy and amazing whipped ricotta. YUM - I could eat this pizza every single day for the rest of my life. You know when someone asks you what three things you would bring on a deserted island? Mine would be a cell phone (with unlimited battery life, wifi and service), the biggest bottled of red wine in the world (already opened), and this pizza. 


The Lasagna pizza was also really good. It started with a red sauce, a thin layer of mozzarella cheese, sweet red peppers, sausage (on one half), dollops of whipped ricotta and chopped basil. It didn't really taste like lasagna to me, but it was still pretty tasty. 


The restaurant filled up pretty quickly after we arrived and it was easy to see, I mean, taste why. I always look at what people around me order. A couple next to us ordered the Fig Burrata appetizer and a Cesar salad which looked amazing. Another couple next to us ordered the Bruschetta. Everything dish and pizza was presented so nicely, and I think that's really important. 

I can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.