Glenn's Diner and Margie's Candies

One thing I love about my job is that we have summer hours. That means if you work an extra hour Monday-Thursday, you can leave at noon on Friday. My sister had the day off and I got to leave at noon, so we decided to get lunch. 

We wanted to try something new, so we went to Glenn's Diner. I have never been and it is literally only 100 steps from my apartment. They are known for their seafood and cereal. An odd combination. They serve breakfast all day and have a really good looking dessert menu.




Despite that fact that it was about to rain at any moment, we decided to eat outside. It was kind of noisy being right on Montrose next to passing cars and the brown line L tracks.


Since I am vegetarian and Lindsey is extremely picky, there weren't many options for us. She ordered the BLT with coleslaw on the side.


I ordered the grilled cheese with a potato pancake. You could select your cheese, so I picked American and it also came with tomato. I wasn't too impressed with the sandwich or the potato pancake, but it is what you can expect from diner food.


Next, we were craving something sweet and decided to walk across the street to Margie's. Again, a place I've never been to despite it being so close to my apartment.

We walked in and were overwhelmed by the selection of chocolates and candy and the lengthy ice cream flavor list.


It was very cute and old fashioned on the inside.


It was a tough choice, but I went with mint chocolate chip and Lindsey got pistachio. With sprinkle cones, of course.



We sat outside again to eat our ice cream and take selfies. It was warm out but not too hot and all of a sudden my ice cream started having a meltdown! I couldn't make it stop so Lindsey had to run in to grab a bowl and spoon. I felt like a six year old with ice cream dripping all over my legs and shirt. So embarrassing. 


Eventually, I got the situation under control and enjoyed what was left of my dessert.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.