GNO at RPM

I invited my college BFFs, Mary and Kristen, to the city to see my new apartment and we decided to have dinner at the fabulous RPM Italian - a restaurant by Chicago residents and E! stars, Bill and Guiliana Rancic. I made the reservation for four (including my sister) back in December and even then the only time slot open for dinner on January 16th was 9pm. That's crazy! Of course my first thought was, "So...should we still eat something during the normal dinner time hours?" Obviously I am more accustomed to being in bed by 9pm than going out to dinner at that hour. We snacked on some cheese and crackers and had a few glasses of wine before leaving for dinner.

We took the L downtown and walked to RPM. Luckily Chicago was being nice to my visitors and it was a mild 28 degrees. When we arrived at the restaurant, the place was packed. We instantly glanced around the room, hoping to spot Sophia Bush or Kristen Cavallari or Patrick Kane. No such luck.

We were seated almost immediately in a cozy corner of the dining room. Our waitress was so sweet and informative, I wish I could remember her name to give her a good review on Yelp! Anway, we ordered a bottle of Pinot Grigio along with the Zucchini Fritti with Herb Dip and Fresh Homemade Ricotta with Ciabatta Toast. OMG was it amazing. I am drooling over these pictures right now just remembering how fantastic everything tasted.

(Photo Credit: Mary)


For our main dishes, Mary and Lindsey had the Eggplant Parmesan, Kristen had the Carbonara and I ordered the Potato Gnocchi. Everything was so delicious! Although I have to admit I was still a little hungry after my meal, so I sole a few bites from Lindsey's plate.

As we were eating, we saw a couple of people get special birthday desserts. Lindsey's birthday is next weekend, so we told our waitress that is what we were celebrating. We got four mini cannolis stuffed with vanilla and chocolate fillings. It was the perfect sweet bite to end an amazing meal.


I would definitely go back and order everything again!


After dinner, we went to our favorite bar, El Hefe, which was across the street, and got a few drinks. It was a fabulous GNO with my BFFs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.