#KECtravels: Laguna Beach - Day Three

We woke up early to another cloudy and chilly morning. But it was still wonderful to see the palm trees and beach.




Since we had skipped lunch the day before, we wanted to grab a quick breakfast so that we wouldn't be too full for lunch again. 

We stumbled upon this quaint little restaurant not too far from our hotel called The Greeters Corner.


It was right on the beach which was really nice and relaxing for a morning meal.


We all ordered iced vanilla lattes which were really good. They kind of just tasted like vanilla milk, but still yummy. 


We were hoping to just get something small, but the meals looked enticing, so I ordered the Scrambled Eggs with Cheese and breakfast potatoes. I don't normally like to eat eggs, but these sounded really good.

The meal wasn't impressive but it was your typical breakfast diner food. The potatoes were delicious.


After breakfast we walked around the shops around Laguna. There were so many cool little details and unique things that I had to photograph.



We also each bought one of these comfy cute shirts. Kristen got gray, Mary got a mint green and I bought the blue.


There was a good mixture of touristy stores and boutiques around the main shopping area. I really loved this store called Tuvalu.


It is a home decor store with so many cute things and tons of great gifts. You can also purchase things online which might get me into trouble...


We walked around some more and admired the beauty of Laguna.



We actually ended up skipping lunch again, but we had snacks at the hotel to tide us over until dinner. We got ready for happy hour and of course had to take a picture in front of the lobby's California flag.


Earlier we had passed a restaurant called Watermarc and there was a sign that said "Happy Hour, 7 Days a Week, 3:30pm-5:30pm" so we planned on going there. While at the pool I researched the menu and saw that they had fried goat cheese balls, so that had us sold right away.  


We walked over to the restaurant around 4:30pm and sat down right away because it wasn't too crowded. I asked the server what the happy hour specials were, and he said they weren't doing it today because it was a holiday weekend. That didn't really make sense to me but those goat cheese balls kept us from leaving and we ordered $12 drinks anyway.

I was feeling adventurous and ordered a pineapple jalapeno margarita. It wasn't all that good. They left a lot of the jalapeno seeds floating around in the glass so every time I took a sip, I would suck up a seed and it was a little too spicy for me. 


Then we ordered the fried goat cheese. They were drizzled with honey and sat on a pile of diced apple. I normally prefer savory over sweet when it comes to goat cheese, but they weren't overpowered by sweetness.


A little bit later, our server returned to ask for our dinner orders. I told him that we were just going to stick to drinks which didn't sit well with him. He grabbed the menus angrily and said, "Well I'm going to have to check my reservations because usually these tables are reserved for diners only." Then walked away. We thought that was extremely rude of him. We did just order $45 worth of food and drinks, but I guess that isn't considered "dining."

He returned a few minutes later and said our table is reserved for another party at 5:30. We knew that wasn't true because it was only 5:15 and we wouldn't have been done with dinner by then if we did order dinner. 

Feeling offended, Mary said, "So, you want us to leave." I can't remember how he responded but eventually he walked away and stood across the restaurant to stare at us while we were trying to suck down our drinks. 

At 5:25 he came back with our check without us asking for it. We paid our bill and then left a $3 tip between the three of us. I didn't feel bad about it because he made us feel very uncomfortable and we weren't happy about it.


Our reservation wasn't until 7pm at another restaurant so we found another place to get drinks. There was a hotel across the street with a nice bar called Oceanview Bar & Grill. The view was stunning and we were right on the beach. 

We did ask our server right away if it was okay that we just ordered drinks, to make sure we wouldn't be treated poorly again. He said it was fine.


I had the Acai Sangria which was pretty tasty.


 Kristen ordered the Blue Laguna.



We finished our drinks and walked back across the street to Tortilla Republic.


It was really nicely decorated inside. Kind of like a laid-back-jungle-feel, if that's even a thing.


We got chips and salsa and I ordered the Strawberry Fresca Margarita and it was delicious. Mary and Kristen had the Passion Chipotle Sangria, which I thought was very interesting. 


We ordered guacamole, obviously and pretty much devoured two baskets of chips. I would have just been okay with chips, salsa and guac, but we ordered meals as well.


I ordered the vegetarian enchiladas. Normally I like the traditional Mexican ingredients like black beans, bell peppers and cheese so I was a little nervous about the unusual asparagus and squash additions.

It was so good! The veggies were soft and the tomatillo sauce was a little spicy but really flavorful. This was definitely my favorite meal of the trip.


Mary had a giant plate of nachos.


Kristen ordered chicken enchiladas.


The food was amazing and the atmosphere was great too. I really liked this restaurant. It was the perfect last dinner on our last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.