Green Street Local in the West Loop

This week felt like the longest week ever. My co-worker/friend, Sam, and I went out to dinner because we were in need of some girl time to chat and bitch about work and boys. 

I chose Green Street Local in the West Loop. We arrived around 5pm and there was only one other table taken. We were sat right by the window at high-top table. 



I saw on their instragram that there was a frozen rosé drink called "Frosé," which had my name all over it. We both ordered the fROSEn, which I thought was the same thing, but when the drinks came out, I was disappointed.

We later read that you could upgrade your drink to a larger size and get it blended with ice... for $25. No thanks, this was fine. Although if it wasn't a Thursday night, I probably would have gone for it. 


We decided to just get a few things to split, which I prefer when going out to eat with friends. It's nice to try a little bit of everything. And with their great menu choices, it was hard to decide on just one item.

Sam ordered the wings for herself. They were coated with a spicy jalapeno and garlic rub. She said they were really good. Definitely spicy, but not overwhelming.


We also ordered the nachos, which I was planning to eat on my own. When they arrived at the table, I was glad I was sharing them. It was a mountain of chips topped with queso, jalapenos, pico de gallo, sour cream, guacamole and shredded cheese. Oh so good. 

Plus, they were only $5 during happy hour! Great deal.


We also ordered the White Pizza. When all of our food came out, we regretted our decision to order so much food, but when I tried the pizza, it was no longer a regret. 

The crust was thin and crispy, topped with ricotta cheese, mozzarella and parmesan, along with caramelized onions. Which I picked off. And of course, there were leftovers.


Ugh we were so full!

Now it's finally the weekend, CHEERS!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.