#KECtravels: New Orleans - Day Five

On the morning of day five, we were definitely ready to go home. It was a really fun vacation, but we felt like we were struggling to find things to do other than get wasted on Bourbon Street. 

We wanted to get brunch at Brennan's. The Brennan family is well-known in New Orleans and has several restaurants around the town. 


We sat outside in the CUTEST courtyard I've ever seen.


It was hard to find a restaurant that had a lot of or any vegetarian options. But we both knew what we were going to get before we got there. 


We started with cocktails; I had the vodka basil lemonade and Lindsey had the watermelon spritzer. 


They also brought a big loaf of bread and a sweet cream butter, which I wasn't mad at. 


I ordered the Eggs Sardou which were poached eggs over crispy artichokes and creamed spinach and covered in a delicious creamy tomato sauce. 


Also a side of potatoes. I gotta get my potato fix in!


Lindsey had the vanilla scented french toast with homemade pecan granola. 


They had a bunch of turtles hanging out in the pond which was actually really sad because turtle soup is one of the featured items on Brennan's menu.  


It was a great (and very expensive) last meal in New Orleans. 


We had a lot of time to kill before our flight, so we went over to the Carousel Bar inside the Hotel Monteleon. 

The bar was amazing. It actually rotated slowly around like a real carousel. 



I couldn't get over how cute it was!


I ordered a glass of Prosecco and Lindsey had the French 007.



We sat for a while and chatted to some locals. 


Eventually we decided that we'd had enough of New Orleans and went to the airport a couple hours early.

New Orleans is a really fun city, but it is hard to find things to do other than just drink. Normally that would be okay with me but it was fun to explore the city in other ways. 

I maybe would go back one day... Maybe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.