#KECtravels: New Orleans - Day Three

The morning of day three started early for us. We obviously needed to go to the Court of the Two Sisters for brunch since it was a sister's trip. We heard the restaurant is very popular and hosts a Jazz Brunch every weekend. 




We didn't have a reservation so we weren't able to sit outside. If you ever go, make sure to make a reservation. The courtyard is one of the prettiest courtyards for dining in New Orleans so we were really excited to go and were a little disappointed that they sat us indoors. It was still very pretty inside.


Food is served buffet style for $30 per person.


They had a ton of options, not many vegetarian though, so my plate ended up looking very mismatched. I had the cheesy hashbrowns, creamed spinach, bananas foster and sweet potatoes. Also not pictured were the two amazing brownies I had later.


A band began to play a few tables away from us which was really nice. 


When we couldn't stuff our faces with any more food, we snuck a quick look at the courtyard as we were leaving. It really was amazing.




Later we went back to our bed and breakfast because sadly, Aubrey had to hit the road back to Florida. 

Lindsey, Lori and I decided to go rent bikes and ride around the town. 


We found this place called Free Wheelin Bike Tours. The guys that worked there were super friendly and got us fitted for our bikes. I can't even remember the last time I rode a bike, so I was slightly terrified about getting riding one around the streets of New Orleans.


It was a little shaky at first... okay I almost fell off my bike right away, but after I got the hang of it, we rode to Louis Armstrong Park.



Next we biked over to the Bywater neighborhood which was only about 10 minutes from our bed and breakfast. It was an interesting ride because the roads were so bumpy and fractured. 

We arrived in the Bywater neighborhood with a bang. Literally. Lori was in the lead and didn't warn us she was breaking, so Lindsey crashed right into her and I crashed into Lindsey and actually had to leap from my bike and abandon it in order to not die. It was kind of hilarious and of course there were multiple witnesses. 

The neighborhood seemed a little strange to us. It was so quiet but the streets were lined with houses and cars, just no people. Very odd. 


Although you were not supposed to drink and bike (shh) we thought we deserved a cocktail.


I ordered the Melon Baller, Lori had the Pimms Cup and Lindsey had a skinny Pina Colada. 


We also ordered a small snack of melon salad and french fries. The melon salad was really good and had a lime vinaigrette that I really liked.


We hopped back on our bikes and rode back to the bike shop. It was fun to get on a bike and ride around; it's definitely a cool way to explore a new city.


Lori had to fly back to Chicago for work and Lindsey and I were moving to a different hotel in the Central Business District. Our Uber driver was actually the guy who lived right next to the bed and breakfast we were staying at. He said he's lived there for a long time and loves it. I don't know how people live there; it's way too loud all the time for my liking.

The hotel was really nice.



Lindsey and I got ready and went to dinner at the Napoleon House.


The atmosphere was very, very dark with loud opera music playing. I know I sound like an old person, but I just didn't feel comfortable there.


We ordered beer and again wanted to try something local. Lindsey had the NOLA Blonde and I had the LA 31. I preferred the NOLA Blonde over the other.


We were really hungry so we ordered the Pesto Bruschetta which ended up really being pizza bread. But it was still really good and we finished the whole thing.

We each ordered the veggie sandwich. It wasn't the best sandwich I ever had, but Lindsey said she really liked it.


After dinner we walked around to a few more shops. Although it seemed like we kept walking down the same streets, we kept finding new stores to go in.

We walked over to Sucre bakery for something sweet. 


I got the salted caramel, gold fleur-de-lis cupcake but wanted to save it for later.


We both decided to get some gelato. I had the peanut butter crunch and Lindsey had the brown butter pecan. 



We headed back to the hotel and called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.