The Boiler Room in Logan Square

The weekend started off on Friday after work when my cousin, Tyler, invited my sister and I to a birthday dinner for her wife, Erin. We met at the Boiler Room in Logan Square. 


Logan Square has a ton of really great restaurants and bars that I've never tried because I don't go out to that neighborhood very often. I've heard good things about the Boiler Room and I could tell it was going to be a quirky place from the outside.


Although it was the second official day of fall, we opted for patio seating because it was still really nice out. The patio was so cool, it had bright and bold murals all around the walls with colorful string lights.


First things first, we had to order a drink. Erin was waiting there when we arrived and already had a "Lion's Dick." That's the name of the drink! I ordered "On the Down Low..." which had rum, raspberry basil syrup, ginger beer and lime. It was really tasty. 


They have a special where you can get a slice of pizza, a tall boy PBR and a shot of Jamo for only $8.50, which is an amazing deal... if you like PBR and Jameson, which I do not. Tyler ordered it with a slice of the Boiler Room special. 


Tyler and Erin split a beet salad and Lindsey and I had the fried cheese balls which came with a really delicious pesto dipping sauce.

I ordered the Veggie Special slice which had a Thai cream cheese base and a bunch of veggies on top. It was a little adventurous for me because I usually don't like a lot of toppings on my pizza, but this was the perfect amount. 


Lindsey and Erin had the Purist, which was just mozzarella cheese, basil and balsamic on top. 


The pizza was really good. The crust was very thin and crispy and it really was enough pizza for one meal.

We ended up ordering another round of drinks and this time I tried the Jakkurrito, which was tequila, grapefruit and apricot liquor, lemon juice, and tamarind syrup. These cocktails were really good and only $8, which I consider a deal because I'm used to paying $12-$14 per drink.


A little while later we ordered dessert. They had Boozy Soft Serve ice cream in PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE flavor. But they gave me plain old Jameson flavor instead and I ate it anyway. You could definitely taste the liquor in it. 


The others ordered the donuts which came with a side of the Pumpkin soft serve for dipping. I did get to try it after all and it was pretty good. 


The restaurant is cash only! But they do have an ATM you can use. It charges a fee for using it since it's not affiliated with any specific bank, but if you show your receipt to the server, you get a shot of Jameson! How cool is that? I donated mine to the birthday girl.

It was a really fun evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.