Randolph Street Market and West End

On Saturday, my Auntie Karen, cousin Robyn and mom came out to the city to hang out with me and Lindsey. We planned on going to the Randolph Street Market and then going out to lunch.

After a long and confusing journey downtown (thanks a lot, CTA) we finally met up at the market which is located in the far West Loop. 

If you go, you should purchase your tickets ahead of time and get $2 off. All you have to do is show your PayPal receipt at the entrance to get in.

The indoor/outdoor market is located at 1340 W Washington and features hundreds of vendors selling jewelry, antiques, home decor, food and much more. I was amazed with how large it was. The inside seemed never ending!

We walked around and saw some really cool things and also some really strange things.


You could spend hours looking at each and every booth and maybe find something you weren't expecting to find.


After a while, we went down to a basement area where they had an Empanada stand. We were all kind of hungry and decided to try them. I have seen Empanadus at other food fests before but never tried them. But now I know next time I see them that I will definitely have them again.


I had the spinach (SO GOOD), mom had the Caprese, Auntie Karen had the sausage and Robyn had the mushroom. We all got the chimichurri sauce on top too that added a nice freshness.

They were so cute because they had the flavor name stamped into the dough.


We also spotted a bar, so we had to get some drinks. We tried this beer that we've never seen before by Tocayo Brewing Company which is located in Warrenville. It was called Hominy White Ale and it was really good.


We ended up purchasing a few items which is unusual for us at markets so we had to buy a tote to carry everything.


We made our way back outside to look at the rest of the vendors. There were a lot more home goods and furniture and a few more food options. 



It was such a perfect day weather-wise.  


And there's my mom, back at the bar... This is where I get it from.


I didn't buy anything, but my mom bought me this crystal and gold necklace that I picked out. She won't give it to me until Christmas though. 


We finished the market and were hungry so we walked over to the West End Bar and Grill which was not far from the market.


We didn't know until we got inside that it was a Michigan bar. We felt a little out of place not wearing yellow and blue, but we pretended we were fans. Football was blasting on the TVs and the windows were wide open; this is my favorite time of year!


We order some drinks and food. My aunt had the fish tacos and she said they were amazing.


I had the nachos without the chicken. I nearly finished the entire plate by myself.


My mom had the chicken tenders.


Lindsey ordered the Hummus and Guacamole plate which was piled high with vegetables, chips and pita bread.


Next, we headed back to Southport and stopped at D'agostino's for another drink.


We also ordered a couple of desserts. Lindsey had the cookie bowl with a chocolate chip cookie, vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and hot fudge. I had the chocolate cake which was actually very disappointing and dry but I ate most of it anyway.


This was the last outdoor market of the season so I'm glad we were able to go. I really enjoyed the day and highly recommend the Randolph Street Market to anyone looking for something to do on a Saturday or Sunday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.