Brunch at Pomp & Circumstance

After a full weekend so far of eating and drinking, it wouldn't be complete without Sunday brunch. Lindsey picked Pomp & Circumstance in Old Town. 

We made a reservation but it ended up being totally unnecessary since there was only one other table seated in the entire restaurant. I really liked the look and feel of the restaurant. Inside was a little dark but I liked the decor.


The weather was perfect and we knew it would probably be the last day of patio season before it gets too cold so we asked to sit outside.

The patio was adorable. There were iron chairs and tables with fun patterned seat cushions and colorful mismatched plates at each setting. There were walls enclosing the patio which were lined with wood planks and green plants. It was so pretty and felt like we were on vacation.


Because brunch without cocktails is just sad (a quote from the menu that I strongly agree with), we both ordered a glass of bubbly Prosecco. 


I don't really care for breakfast and always choose savory over sweet, so I ordered the Wisconsin breakfast sandwich. It had an egg, melted cheese and white cheddar cheese sauce between a light and fluffy biscuit. It came with a side of breakfast potatoes which were really good dipped in the cheese sauce.


Lindsey ordered the French Toast which had an orange marmalade and fresh berries on top. I tried a little piece and it tasted very custardy, but it was also very light and delicious. 


We finished our food and the check came inside a children's book which I thought was a really cute and unique touch.


The rest of the day we spent moving some of my stuff to the new apartment. I'll be officially moved in less than two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.