Galentine's Dinner at Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba

I don't have many pictures to share, but I have to talk about our Galentine's Dinner at Cafe Ba Ba Reeba in Lincoln Park. One of Lindsey's friends organized a girl's dinner for a Thursday night out and asked everyone to bring a nail polish or lip gloss for a white elephant gift exchange, which I thought was a super cute idea.

When we got to the restaurant, it was like a dream come true: Animal carcasses hanging from the ceiling above the bar (gag). But the sight and overwhelming aroma of meat was not enough to steer me away from experiencing this raved about restaurant.


We were seated at a large table in a corner which was great. The restaurant was a lot bigger than I expected it to be and pretty much every table was full. We started by ordering two sangria pitchers for the table: a red and a white peach. I, of course, went with the red and it was so delicious.


After chatting a bit we decided it was probably time to make some decisions on the food menu. Since there were 10 or 11 of us, we just started naming off things that looked good and ordered two of each dish. Since it is a tapas style restaurant, I was worried that I wouldn't have enough to eat, but really, when am I not worried about having enough to eat.

The server started bringing out the dishes as they were ready, pretty much one every five or so minutes. At first I thought this was odd, but it ended up working out great. We passed each plate around and ate a little at a time. The first thing I tried was the Garlic Potato Salad. It was basically potatoes in a creamy garlic alioli and it was so good. I admit I probably took a larger portion than anyone else. Next we had the Brussel Sprout Salad with Marcona Almonds and Manchego Cheese. I am normally not a fan of brussel sprouts but this was probably one of the best things I've ever eaten. I have been craving it ever since! It was a raw salad with just a few simple ingredients, but it was really tasty. Next was the Goat Cheese Baked in Tomato Sauce with toasted bread. Everyone said that we HAD to have it and I'm very glad we ordered two of those. The last thing I ate was the Spicy Potatoes with Tomato Alioli. I love spicy food so these tasted amazing to me. Some of the other girls said they were too spicy, but the dipping sauce on the side helped balance it out. The other girls had the tuna, shrimp and beef tenderloin tapas which they all seemed to enjoy.


I didn't have a chance to take photos of the food, so this is the aftermath. Everything I tasted was really good and I would highly recommend those dishes to everyone. Cafe Ba Ba Reeba also offers a tapas style brunch which I would love to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.