Sister Saturday

When I say my life revolves around food, I literally mean that my life revolves around food. My parents are big foodies, so I think my sister and I inherited that quality. We plan our days around eating and have to find other things to do to fill our time before we get to eat again -- and that's exactly what we did on Saturday.

My sister, Lindsey needed to get pizza somewhere for her weekly #LindseysPizzaParty post on Instagram (follow her here!) After some research, we settled on Bar Siena in the West Loop. We are those kind of people that scope out the menu seventeen times before actually going to the restaurant, just to make sure we know what we want before we go.

We headed to the West Loop for lunch around 12:30pm. We arrived at Bar Siena and were seated upstairs right next to a large bright window. Perfect for pics! The decor was pretty cute, kind of like an updated diner feel. 


This is probably the one of the best pictures I have ever taken. To be honest, I didn't even know we had a view of the Sears Tower. The window pane was blocking it from my line of vision, so I didn't notice it until after I looked at the picture. It was a very cool discovery!

Quick side note - I do have to brag about my sister for a minute. We are sixteen months apart and best best friends. We have always had a pretty close relationship, but we became better friends as we grew older. We always have fun no matter what and usually have a moment of tears from laughing so hard. We can be completely obnoxious and completely ourselves around each other. She is definitely my go-to and favorite person when it comes to trying new places and new things with. But anyway, enough of that...


We started with mimosas and pretended to look over the menu even though we pretty much already knew exactly what we wanted. We decided to split a pizza (a rarity since we normally eat entire pizzas by ourselves) and an appetizer. We weren't sure which appetizer to choose, so we asked our waitress for a recommendation. She said the meatballs and octopus were both delicious - then we told her we are both vegetarians! We decided on the Stracchino Cheese Fritters with spicy apricot mostarda and also ordered the Grilled Eggplant pizza with burrata, tomato and basil.


The Cheese Fritters were great. Crispy, cheesy goodness. 


This is a before and after of the pizza. It was so delicious. The eggplant was very thin and cooked well enough that it was easy to bite into, the burrata was so creamy it almost tasted like an alfredo sauce, and the basil added that bit of freshness to bring everything together. And yes, of course we ate that last piece #NoPizzaLeftBehind.


After stuffing our faces with lunch, we finished our mimosas and we were offered dessert. We were very tempted by the amazing doughnut selection, but decided to try somewhere else new to get our sugar fix.

We got back on the L, not really knowing where we were going, but decided on Stan's Donuts in East Lakeview for a light afternoon snack. We also invited a friend, Meghan, to join us. Lindsey got a classic chocolate with sprinkles donut. Meghan had the Nutella Banana Donut.

(Photo Credit: Lindsey)

I had the Peanut Butter Banana filled chocolate donut with an iced coffee. It was so decadent that even I couldn't eat the whole thing! Although just looking at it now, I think I could totally eat it all.


Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.