Getting Lost at Lost Lake

Friday nights are usually meant for partying with my co-workers. We are in the midst of Busy Season right now, which doesn't really affect my stress level, but everyone else is always in the mood to go out and drink away their problems. Which is fine with me!

I wasn't planning to go out, but two of my co-workers picked me up from my apartment (thanks, Ervin and Kristy!) and we drove to Logan Square. I was so excited to hear that we were going to Lost Lake because it is on the top of my list of bars to try. It seemed like the perfect place to escape the chilly Chicago winter weather.



When we saw a small building with the windows covered up and a small neon "tiki" sign in the corner of the window, we knew we were in the right place. When we walked in, there was a Chinese restaurant directly across from the entrance of the bar. It's kind of cool because you can order food from there but bring the food into the bar since Lost Lake doesn't serve food. The bar was a lot smaller than I imagined it being and it was pretty crowded for only being 7:00pm. We put our names in for a table and then went straight to the bar to order our first tropical drink.


I went for the Zulu As Kono, which was full of ingredients that I did not recognize at all - Rhum Agricole Blanc, Batavia Arrack, Swedish Punsch, Angostura - Um, what? But whatever, it came in a cute little skull mug so I had to have it. Ervin ordered the Tic-Tac-Taxi and Kristy had the Bunny's Banana Daiquiri. Mine and Ervin's drinks weren't the best, so we quickly sucked them down and decided on Banana Daiquiris for the next round - a much better choice! It had an adorable dolphin banana with a cherry in its mouth along with paper umbrellas and pretty purple orchids, which I had to put behind my ear and wear for the rest of the night.


Sorry, these pictures are terrible quality. After almost two hours, we still didn't have a table so we decided to leave to meet up with some other people from work. The rest of the night lead to other bars around Logan Square along with tequila shots and poor decisions...you know, the usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.