Valentine's Day Weekend


When Lindsey and I first heard about Giordano's making heart-shaped pizzas for Valentine's Day weekend, we knew we HAD to go. Lindsey's roommate, Lori, and Lori's boyfriend, Paul, came with us. When we learned that Giordano's would make the heart pizzas in thin crust and not just stuffed, we had a tough decision to make. Giordano's thin crust cheese is my absolute favorite pizza (besides my dad's homemade pizza, of course) but we ultimately decided to go with the deep dish cheese.



It was so adorable and delicious. I could only eat two slices because it was so filling. After lunch, Lindsey, Lori and I went back to their apartment. We played an intense game of Sushi Go -- a really fun card game that I recommend! -- and had a little tea party.


It was a nice little Saturday afternoon.

***

This year is my first Valentine's Day as a single lady in quite some time and I'm not mad about it. I was never one to make a big deal of this "holiday" but I surely couldn't pass up the excuse to make cute Valentine's Day treats.

My sister came over to hang out for a bit but I told her not to come without wine. What's a single-girl Valentine's Day without alcohol? Just sad. So she brought orange juice and champagne to make mimosas.


The first treat I made was inspired by a post on Pinterest for mini heart-shaped chocolate chip cookies dipped in chocolate and sprinkles. I had this silicone heart shaped mold and if there was ever a time to use it, it was for Valentine's Day.


I cheated and used store-bought cookie dough and I don't care who knows it. I'm all about the shortcuts when it comes to cooking or baking anything.


I started by stuffing the cookie dough into the tiny heart shapes which took a lot longer than I anticipated. Needless to say, this was the only batch I made. Once the cookies were completely cooled, I popped them out of the molds and then dipped them into melted chocolate then into the sprinkles. I think they turned out super cute!


Next I made chocolate dipped pretzels. I mixed together white and red Candy Melts to make pink chocolate. The candy melts are vanilla flavored so I didn't add anything to them.


I dipped each top half of the pretzel into the melted chocolate and then into the sprinkles, switching it up by using different colors, shapes and sizes of sprinkles.


I think they turned out really cute! Although I never did taste one... I brought them in to the office and they were almost all gone by lunch time, so I guess they were good!


I hope everyone had a super sweet Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.