Mother's Day in Old Town

This past Sunday was Mother's Day, so my parents drove out to the city to hang out with my sister and I. We kind of waited until the last minute to figure out a plan because most brunch places were already booked. We knew we wanted to go to the Old Town neighborhood since there are plenty of outdoor seating spots there and the weather was absolutely perfect. 


We normally like to plan ahead, but we happened to stumble upon Orso's Italian Restaurant. It was perfect because they offered both a brunch menu and their regular menu. It was also really nice because they gave a free mimosa to all the moms so of course she needed one of those.


My dad and I ordered the Pinot Grigio and my sister had a glass of Rosé.


We started our meal with a wonderful cheese plate that had smoked gouda and a lemon and oregano goat cheese which I really loved.


I decided to keep it simple and light and go for the Cesar salad. I went through a phase in life where I would only and always order Cesar salads when I went out to eat. There is just something about them that I really love and I don't think I'll ever get sick of them. Although there typically is anchovy in the dressing, (sorry if I just ruined your life with that fact) I still eat it. Cesar dressing is the only thing that I will eat knowing it has fish in it. And believe me, anchovies REALLY gross me out, but I just try not to think about it.


Lindsey had the Bruschetta panini and my mom had the Smoked Turkey Pesto Panini with fries.


My dad went for the meaty Lasagna and said it was really good.


Orso's had the cutest back patio. There were tree branches with leaves covering the "ceiling" of the patio along with strands of white lights. I am sure it is beautiful at night.


The inside was very pretty as well. It was like that old time authentic Italian family vibe with gorgeous chandeliers and pictures of famous past restaurant visitors lining the walls. But the weather was way too beautiful to be inside.


After lunch we just walked around Old Town and visited the aquarium store and the garden store. 


I hope everyone was able to spend Mother's Day with their mamas! I'm sure glad I did :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.