Spacca Napoli in Ravenswood

It FINALLY felt like Spring in Chicago this weekend (but I'm sure it will be snowing tomorrow) and I wanted to take full advantage of the sunshine and warmth. Lindsey and I met for lunch in my neighborhood to visit a restaurant that has been on my long list of places to go for quite some time. Spacca Napoli has been recommended to me several times, so I was super excited to try it.


It was a little bit chilly but I will never pass up an opportunity to eat outside, so we were seated on the spacious patio. 

We were just looking for a light lunch, so Lindsey ordered the soup, I ordered the arancini and then we split a pizza. The soup was vegetarian with white beans and escarole - an unusual choice for my picky sister, but she enjoyed it. 


The arancini were on special so I decided to also try something I wouldn't normally choose. These are basically rice balls stuffed with smoked mozzarella cheese, breaded, then fried. They were surprisingly light for a fried food so I had no problem eating them all.


Next, our Bufalina pizza arrived. We were worried that the pizza wouldn't be big enough for the both of us to split (what a worry to have) but it was just enough to fill us up. The Neopolitan style pizza came to our table whole, but we were given a rolling pizza cutter to use ourselves.


The crust was really good. A little charred, crispy and chewy at the same time. The sauce was very light with just the right amount of sweetness. The buffalo mozzarella on top was delicious.


After lunch we explored the shops around Ravenswood. My favorite store is Hazel. There is a clothing store and an accessories/gift shop. The accessories shop was filled with unique and fun gifts for someone special, or for yourself.

Next, we took an unexpectedly long walk to Southport to visit the new Lush store. 


I've never been into a Lush store before so I was super excited.


While I searched for the galaxy bath bomb I wanted, a saleswoman came up to me and offered a free hand scrub using one of their products. She scrubbed my hand, rinsed it off and then rubbed lotion on my hand. The whole process was a little awkward, but I got a free sample of the scrub so I guess it was worth it. 


It was a fun afternoon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.